Everyone needs to try out this Recipe. Mmmmmmmh!! Delicious!! Recipe courtesy of Kenyan Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, stems trimmed, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup of dry red wine
- 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ kilo pasta
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cheese shavings
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion for 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add and stir in the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until they soften slightly.
- Add the red wine and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add and stir the tomatoes, bay leaves, and tomato paste. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens to a good sauce consistency.
- *Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Place the spaghetti amongst the serving bowls and spoon the sauce over. Top with the cheese shavings