Unique and delicious Blueberry pancake recipe. Something interesting and fun to try out this week. Recipe courtesy of Unga Limited
- 1 ¾ cups Exe Self Raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Sift the Exe Self Raising flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the milk, sour cream, half the melted butter and the vanilla, whisking to blend.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the egg mixture into it. Whisk the ingredients together just until blended.
- Fold the blueberries and lemon zest into the batter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with some of the remaining melted butter.
- For each pancake, pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the hot skillet.
- Cook 3 or 4 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of the skillet. If the batter seems too thick, thin it with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- When bubbles begin to form and “pop” on the pancakes surface, after about 1 minute, and the outer edge looks done, flip it over and cook briefly for about 30 seconds on the other side.