Vegetable egg sauce can turn into a delicious, satisfying lunch or dinner in no time. It goes well with Ugali (sima) or plantain. Recipe courtesy of talkingtonelly.com
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 2 Red Onion Salt to Taste Pepper
- 5 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Seasoning Beef cube, crushed
- 1 tsp. Curry powder
- 2 Eggs
- Fluted Amaranth Leaves( Mchicha/Terere)
- Salt to Taste
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, amaranth leaves separately and set aside
- Heat vegetable oil till hot and stir fry chopped onions and pepper for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, crushed beef cubes, curry powder and fry for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Get your two eggs and break them into the cooking mixture. Leave for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add the chopped amaranth leaves and stir. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve the vegetable egg sauce with Ugali, Rice, Plantain or Potatoes.