A delicious snack which can be eaten as is or with a beverage of choice. Recipe by Ummu naif
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (i used blueband)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (i used vanilla)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt red and green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter n sugar until light n fluffy. Beat in egg n vanilla extract or essence. Combine the flour, salt n baking powder, gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Remove 1 cup of dough, set aside. Add red food colour to remaining dough. Roll into a 3-1/2 in. Long log, wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours or freeze until firm like 30 mins.
- Divide the 1 cup of reserved dough into two pieces. To one piece, add enough green colour and leave remaining dough plain. Wrap eac piece separately into a plastic wrap, chill until firm.
- On a floured sheet of waxed paper, roll white dough into a 8-1/2-in. x 3-1/2-in. rectangle. Place red dough along short end of rectangle. Roll up and encircle red dough with white dough, set aside.
- On a floured wax paper, roll the green dough into a 10-in x 3-in.rectangle. Place the log of red/white dough along the short end of green dough. Roll up encircle log with green dough. Cover tightly with plastic wrap refrigerate overnight or atleast 8hrs.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in.slices place in your prepared baking tray and bake at 370 degrees for 6-8 mins or until cookies are firm but not brown. While still warm, cut each cookie in half or leave as it is. Cool n enjoy.