Eggs are a great source of protein. Treat yourself and family to this inexpensive delicious meal, which will have them begging for more. Recipe courtesy of Evewoman
- 8 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilis, finely chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (dhania) leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot, add the cumin seeds, ginger, green chilis and onions and sauté lightly
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy. Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala salt and sauté.
- Add the chopped eggs and coriander leaves and mix. Serve hot with mashed sweet potatoes.