Typical Coastal meal, courtesy of Food Recipes Kenya
- 2 big onions
- 2 table spoons freshly grounded pilau masala
- 2 table spoons tomatoe paste
- Chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 Kg of Meat
- 1 Piece of unripe Papaya
- 500ml natural yoghurt or mala
- 2 Cups of Biriani rice
- Boiled potatoes
- Finely chopped coriander
- Fry One big onion finely chopped then add 4 finely chopped garlic cloves and add freshly grounded pilau masala one and a half tbspoon and cook for a while.
- Then add two table spoons tomato paste and cook for two minutes and add your meat. Mix them well.
- As they are cooking take one small unripe Papaya should be white inside grind it to a fine paste and add on the meat. Let it cook and as it starts sticking on the pan (If you didn't use the non-sticking pan) then add 500ml natural yoghurt or mala
- After it boils, reduce heat and allow to simmer untill it reduces by half.
- Add your boiled potatoes and let it cook for a minute then put your finely chopped coriander and serve.
- For Biriani Rice, Cook normally then when all the water has been absorbed mix just a little food color in a little water and pour a straight line then when it's cooked well you can mix with a fork to get the mixture of colors.
- Some people then mix the meat in the rice others serve separately. The choice is yours.