Vanilla Cupcakes recipe courtesy of Unga Limited
- 110 grams Margarine
- 130 grams Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large lemon (outer yellow skin)
- 195 grams EXE All Purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk beat the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon zest, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mix, in equal parts. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17 -20 minutes or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Always check a few minutes before the stated baking time. Do not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool